Centennial High School Philosophy Questions
• For specifically the long-answer section, answer any one out of the two provided questions. Each question will be graded out of 10. Answers should be between 700 and 800 words each. Answers that exceed 800 words will receive a 5% penalty for every 50 words over the word limit (a 849word answer would receive no penalty, a 850-word answer would receive a 5% penalty, a 900word answer would receive a 10% penalty, etc.). Clearly state your position and view.
For both the long-answer and short-answer sections:
Include the question before your answer.
Include a word count for each answer (do not include the question in your count).
Write all answers in a single document (include your answers from both sections) and save it as a Word document (.doc or .docx) or as a .pdf.
Please write in your own words.
quality of writing matters, so write grammatically and clearly.
Your word doc should be double spaced, have normal margins, have numbered pages, and be written in 12 point Times New Roman font. Be sure to break up your writing into paragraphs, where appropriate, and to indent the first line of each paragraph.
Short answer questions: Answer only 5 out of any of these 6 questions. Each question is worth 5 points.
1. What is Brody's 'transparency model' of informed consent and why does Brody think it is preferable to the 'conversation model'? Explain in your own words.
2. Give a definition of sex selection. What is Dickens' thesis in his article on sex selection? Does he think societies should ban sex selection? What reasons does he give for his view?
3. Provide the thesis given by Fleck on the topic of age-based rationing. Explain in your own words his "fair innings" argument and how it could be applied to the case of Dr. DeBakey.
4. Briefly explain Boyle's argument in favour of terminal sedation and how he uses the doctrine of double effect to justify it's moral permissibility even if we assume voluntary active euthanasia is morally wrong.
5. Explain the view that clinical trials must, to be morally permissible, satisfy clinical equipoise. Why do Miller & Brody think this view involves a therapeutic misconception? Briefly summarize their argument.
6. Which two principles of biomedical ethics can easily be drawn from utilitarianism? Explain how.
Long answer questions: Answer only 1 out of any of these 2 questions.
The question is worth 10 points.
1. Why does Marquis’s account of the wrongness of killing seem to imply that contraception is wrong? Explain Marquis’s response to this problem. Do you think that Marquis’s response is successful, and does his account of the wrongness of killing face any other difficulties? Give reasons to support your view.
2. Explain the argument Kipnis offers in support of the claim that the duty of medical confidentiality is absolute. Is Kipnis’s argument successful? Give reasons to support your view
This question has already been tackled by one of our writers and a good grade recorded. You can equally get high grades by simply making your order for this or any other school assignment that you may have.
Every Student Buys Essays from us, here is why!
Pressed for time to complete assignments or when you feel like you cannot write, you can purchase an
essay on our website. Some students also want model papers to use as samples when revising or
writing. There are also students who approach our essay writing service to beat deadlines. We handle
every type of homework, assignment, and academic writing tasks. You can buy college essays and other
assignments here. At a glance, here are some reasons students prefer our website.
100% Original Essays and Papers
You can be sure that you are getting a paper that is custom written based on your instructions. We do
not sell papers that are pre-written. Instead, we write every essay from scratch. When you say “write my
essay,” we respond by giving you a paper that is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. The essays you
purchase from us have never been sold anywhere.
Flexible & Affordable Prices
It does not cost a fortune to get academic writing help on our website. If you have a question from class,
place an order, get a discount, and get cheap essay writing services. What you see as the price is what
you pay for. There are no any hidden charges. If you need urgent papers, they might cost a little more,
but the price is worth the quality you get in the end. Hire a professional academic writer beginning from
$13 a page.
Anonymity, Privacy, and Confidentiality
No one will ever know that you purchased an essay or assignment from our website. The essays you buy
from us are written by experts. Your data is only used to coordinate the essay writing services you get.
No one can access your personal information and data. Go ahead and order an essay from our website.
It is safe, secure, and convenient.